Hello friends! Let’s chat about the coronavirus…
COVID-19 has not been detected in breastmilk, but antibodies for it have been (human milk is pretty amazing!). Speak to your healthcare provider about breastfeeding if you have been exposed or actively have COVID-19. Continuing to breastfeed or giving baby expressed breastmilk will almost always be the right choice.
Take safety precautions, such as frequent hand washing, sanitizing pump parts, and wearing a mask when you hold or feed baby if you have respiratory symptoms, such as a cough or sneezing. Nurture Columbus employees always practice safety precautions with each home visit. Hand hygeine is especially important to us – every day, every visit, all year. If we have a fever or respiratory symptoms, we will reschedule our appointment with you. Please reach out to us if you have an appointment scheduled and you or a family member have been exposed to coronavirus or are actively ill. Keeping you and your family healthy and safe is our top priority!
Here are our Insurance and Discount options for Virtual Consultations:
- In-network and will bill Anthem/BCBS visits on your behalf (copays and deductibles may apply.)
- Approved for virtual consults with OSU Insurance/Buckeye Baby Program to be reimbursed.
- Check with your insurance company for reimbursement options for Telehealth services with an International Board Certified Lactation Consultant (IBCLC).
- Offering 30% for any Self-Pay clients, code “selfpay”. Choosing Self-Pay means you will not be submitting to your insurance company to request reimbursement.
- Offering 70% off for anyone with active Medicaid or WIC card, code “discount”
Once you schedule a Virtual Consultation with us, you will receive a confirmation email with instructions on how to prepare for your consultation. We look forward to working with you and your family and helping you reach your feeding goals!
For In-Home visits, please check here for insurance information and here for information on Safety Protocols during COVID19.
ALL Pre-recorded Workshops are complimentary during Shelter-In-Place!
About the author: Julie Oberholzer is an International Board Certified Lactation Consultant (IBCLC) with Nurture Columbus, in Columbus, Ohio. With her background in Public Health and Lactation, she enjoys meeting with parents and new babies, helping them on their feeding journey and supporting them as they find their new normal.