Navigating insurance is confusing! When Allyson and I (Julie) first sat down to create Nurture Columbus, one of our main goals was to figure out insurance coverage and creative ways we could offer quality, in-home lactation services to ALL families. We have made some great progress working toward this goal, and are continually working each week to improve access to IBCLC lactation services. Here are your current options for covered or discounted services with Nurture:
- Nurture is in-network with Anthem BCBS plans for in-home and virtual consultations. While there will be no upfront costs, we will hold a credit card on file for any denied claims, deductibles, or coinsurance.
- For out-of-network insurance plans we submit claims for you, if you provide your insurance information on your intake form. This means you pay us upfront and we submit an insurance claim on your behalf requesting reimbursement. Any funds reimbursed will be sent to you directly from your insurance company.
- Nurture is approved as an out-of-network provider with OSU Insurance/Buckeye Baby Program for members to receive 100% reimbursement on up to 6 visits (we submit your claim for you, so no paperwork on your end!)
- If you have a Medicaid plan or are a WIC recipient, in addition to advocating for lactation coverage, we offer a discounted consultation rate for all of our in-home and virtual consultation services. Discounted consultations can not be submitted to insurance companies for reimbursement.
- If you would like to verify insurance coverage prior to your consultation, please call the number on the back of your insurance card to confirm. The following information may help in determining coverage:
Julie Oberholzer, MPH, IBCLC
Allyson Wessells, PT, IBCLC
Procedure Codes frequently used: 99344, 99350, 99404, S9443
Location Code: 12 (in-home), 02 (telehealth/virtual consults)
We hope one of these options helps you in accessing the care you deserve. We would love the opportunity to support you and your family on your feeding journey!
**This blog post has been updated to add up-to-date insurance coverage.
About the author: Julie Oberholzer is an International Board Certified Lactation Consultant (IBCLC) with Nurture Columbus, in Columbus, Ohio. With her background in Public Health and Lactation, she enjoys meeting with parents and new babies, helping them on their feeding journey and supporting them as they find their new normal.